Thursday, August 31, 2006

Budget SpreadSheet

Well, eventually I had to break down and do a budget spreadsheet. SingleMa is going to send me a sample spreadsheet *as soon as I email her and ask her for it*. But in the mean time and in between time I needed to get it all down in one place to evaluate what's really going on in my wallet. It's bleek yall! Since the Hurricane K we had to rebuild start over and all that jazz. I took a pay cut, not ungrateful because I have been employed since September 19th, and in less then a year I have been promoted. I have had a little help from the FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY, not much still not ungrateful every little bits help. Anyway I checked out this spreadsheet of mine *is that one word or two?* All I can say is God is GOOD! I make less, my expenses are more and yet we eat, the lights have not gone out we have everything we need and then some. What has sustained us? God and a savings account. I didn't realize how heavily I relied on my savings *not the e-fund* My pay was being deposited directly into my savings account and I would purchase a money order to pay my rent *.50 cents* And guess what the pay check thats deposited in this account didn't cover my entire rent payment. The savings supplemented the lack. That's why not splurging when we get that unexpected money is so important. It has literally kept me and my family afloat.

Now a sista done got a little raise *Thank Ya JESUS!* I's almost back to making the bank I was in New Orleans...

My savings can marinate, I can pay my rent without dipping. I changed my direct deposit from my savings to my checking and I'm paying another bill on my eliminate debt plan. We can even see the light of home ownership!!!!!

Oh yeah the spreadsheets! They WORK! and as I get better at tracking my spending my spreadsheet will get more detailed. Eventually I'll use that Quicken 2006 Pimpin hooked me up with!

Anyway
Catch you guys later!

1 comment:

Single Ma said...

*sideways look* re: the spreadsheet

It's amazing what people can overcome when they rely on God and push forward to help themselves. I know it hasn't been easy, but I'm happy to hear that you are your family and starting to see some sense of normal again.