Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Score

Yes I'm back on that, seeing as though CREDIT makes the world go round, I'm stuck in neutral with a poor credit score. So I'm doing a couple of things to try and make this right. First thing, I'm paying what I owe! Plan and simple. Second I'm disputing what's not mine. Some years ago I was the victim of identity theft, a very cleaver and devious person she was. Used my social for a couple of years without me knowing it. Until I applied for credit, and the person running my social stared me blank and in the face and "Ms. 1BrokeSista, you're deceased!" *Blank Stare*
Counting to ten...Slew of cuss words pouring from my mouth *I wasn't saved at that time*
Needless to say the person died under my social and I had to jump through hoops to prove that I am indeed ALIVE! I am ME I didn't die yet! Darnit if I'm dead then who am I? *sigh* I'm getting worked up again. Well that person God bless the dead also left me with some parting gifts by way of my credit report. Thanks MUTHAF!@#A! I digress.
The third thing I'm doing is secured loans! They can be your best friend when you're trying to start over. I have a little money tucked away *outside of my emergency fund* and what I am in the process of doing is securing a secured loan. Pay off a a portion of my debt with the funds, and then have a monthly payment to the credit union, payroll deducted. I build my credit score and once the loan is paid off (in 6 months). I'll simply take those same funds and do it all again until my debt is all gone. And what that will leave me with is a couple of loans paid in full and on time. Anyway I'm off to the credit union to get this party started right!

Peace *2fingas*
1BrokeSista

3 comments:

Single Ma said...

Do me a favor and check this out before employing any strategies to improve your credit. It was an invaluable resource to me a few years ago. Let me know what you think.

Common Cents said...

i agree with Single Ma. truck on over to Credit Boards and ask some questions. i've learned SO much already & i'm still trying to get my head around it all. good luck. you seem to be very motivated and have a plan!

Broke and Disgruntle said...

Singla Ma,
THANK YOU,I just created an account on the CreditBoard and got approved so tonight I will we reading up and seeing what will work for my situation.

@Common
I will be jumping into the CreditBoard and hopefully gaining more knowledge, my babies motivate me setting a better example for them and providing a better quality of life for them is what keeps me going!

Peace
*2fingas*