Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Breatheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

*Inhale* *Exhale*

This new position got a Sista working like a SLAVE...FA REAL! I'm not complaining, just super busy! We're interviewing a new office associate this week so I can move into my new office and get my recruiting on! (got me working two positions darnit!)
I've still made time to read some of my favorite blogs though. Right now I am in the process of developing a budget. Help me please! When you guys developed your budgets how did you break it down? Should I keep my entertainment money in a separate budget? Groceries! *rolling my eyes* (thinking...where a sista with an ebt card for sale when you need one)
I digress. Anyway I'm already buying off brands like a mutha which I don't mind. I grew up in the hood dirt ass poor so we were to happy to get anything let alone an off brand. Anyone have some money saving tips on how to cut the grocery bill down.

Me and the power company have ended the power struggle! We came to a compremise, Yall know I was figthing them every step of the way...we settled on budget billing and they retroacted it and I only ended up paying 160.00 which is REALLY good considering the bill was $352 dollars and the new bill came in at $347.00. In the winter time my bill hits me right at $147-153.00. Hey I have an almost all electric house! I'm cool with budget billing literally!

It feels weird not paying a car note this month but for some reason I've neglected paying all the other bills like the gas bill, the phone bill. I don't know but I have decided to go onto automatic pay with all the bills that way they'll all get paid on time.

1BrokeSista decided to get her broke ass back in school...I flunked out the first time wasted a shit load of money so I took a different route. I'm starting from the bottom floor and enrolled into a 2 year program at the local community college. When I'm done with that because I'm in a transfer program I can transfer over to the University where I am currently gainfully employed and take advantage of the first class FREE and all other class 50% off!
Oh yeah...my classes at the community college... 1BrokeSista got grant! The grant paid for all 3 classes and I have $207.00 left over for books! *Doin da Cabbage Patch*

When I get a breath to breathe I will answer SingleMa's question she posted here A Decision that Changed my Life . 1BrokeSista done been through some stuff but it was certain thing's that shaped and molded my life. AnyWho...I gotta go back to work and earn this new pay!

I can't wait until I get my degree...I been if-ing at it for a couple of years now and basically wasting my money, but a Sista got her MIND right now!

Leave me some tips please I need help and my life is getting busier and busier.

1BrokeSista
Peace *2fingas*

2 comments:

Lys said...

You got the right title. Breathe - it will all happen for ya. Just remember its one step at a time.

One thing I learned with cutting my groceries is you spend a bit to stock your pantry at first, however, the more you cook at home, the less you spend on dining out and bonus - those jeans fit a bit looser ;) You know this gal was lovin' that. Not to mention, the best 40 bux I spent was on my Costco membership - you get a bit more for your buck there!

Anywayz - best of luck! You can do it!

Single Ma said...

Congrats on the new gig and (hopefully) mo' money!

When I first started out, I had a very detailed budget broken down to the white meat (lol). After monitoring my spending for a few months, I learned where I needed to cut back and gathered enough data to get an average. I spent another few months living within this budget. Then, I adjusted my pre-tax savings and increased my automatic contributions to my investment accounts, which only left me with just enough money to live. Since my budget was so tight, it was almost impossible to overspend.

It took a while to get used to but now it's a habit and my budget isn't so precise anymore. As long as I save 10% pretax, 10% post tax, and my bills are paid, everything else is free game. I can send you a copy of my spreadsheet if like. Just shoot me an email.

Congrats on returning to school! You'll go through an adjustment period, but it gets easier. Take one class the first semester until your brain adjusts to studying and writing papers again, then gradually add more. One day at a time sis. Just keep your eye on the prize and you'll get there...