Thursday, August 03, 2006

This heat got me twisted!

It's so hot where I live until its NO laughing matter, It's just hot for no reason. I am not going to the place call HELL i can't do it! My weave won't hold up down there and me and the devil will be some fightin somebodies! Cause a sista likes her ice water (can't afford soda) and a sista likes her air conditioning! So no wonder why her power bill is $$322.00 Ohhhhhhhhh! Lawd what is we gone do? That's just too much money to say i keep my thermostat on 76 at all times! So right now because I'm very confrontational and love to debate*cough argue* me and the power company are in a power struggle and looks like they're winning. BrokeDisgruntled momma enlighten me though, she said that there is help for "us"/Hurricane Katrina evacuees, refugees, run away slaves, with our power bills and what have you. I'm actually contemplating using the assistance because this is just plain ridiculous. The reason why I say contemplating is because I am the type of person I never take that type of assistance unless I need it need it need it. I feel like if I take assistance I don't need I'll actually be blocking someone who does. It's just not right. Now my brokedisgruntled momma on the other hand be signing my kids up for free clothes and supplies and all kinds of stuff that I never take because I just don't take stuff we don't need (she was doing that before the storm). We lost EVERYTHING in hurricane Katrina and God has restored my family and BLESSED us BEYOND measure so why knock someone else? Yall bear with me because of this new budget and bill pay plan I got myself on I'm seriously trying to talk myself into taking this assistance.
I don't know we shall see how the power struggle turns out and I will go from there.

1BrokeSista
Peace*2fingas*

3 comments:

Single Ma said...

Girl it's hot as Satan's azz up in hea! Either that or he's blowing his hot azz breath on the back of my neck. Dayum!!

LOL @ mama getting her hustle on.
LMAO @ run away slaves -- OH MY GOD!!! You'z a nut!

IMO, I think using assistance for other reasons than it was intended for is blocking someone else's blessing (i.e. those free debit cards to buy a LV purse, get your hur did, go to the club, and other ghetto azz shyt like that). Getting assistance to pay an electric bill is different. If you QUALIFY for it, then you NEED it. Go get it!

Tired of being broke said...

I agree with Single Ma 100%. Getting assistance for a electric bill is completely legitimate, especially since you lost everything in the hurricane. It is not an excuse but if you are gonna use the assistance for a 'need' versus a 'want' then fine.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with getting assistance if you need it. You can't afford to get deeper into debt.

This is also time to make sure that you are doing the little things to save energy.

There are several tips on saving energy at http://phoenix.about.com/cs/utilities/ht/energytips.htm

None of these tips involving spending any cheddar (money).



None of the tips involve