Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Dollar Bills Yall...

I know it's been a long time since I've reported on here, and I wish I could tell you that my finances are all together and my credit is repaired. But I can't I've failed miserably with tracking my spending, over the past year I've paid outrageous NSF charges because of my inability to balance my checkbook and I have the dispute letters in my purse, haven't mailed them yet. Now I actually need to revise them because when they were drafted I didn't do that correctly so my procrastination did help in that instance.

The spreadsheet...I did create it and can I just tell you I hated it!!! I don't like having to MAKE myself sit down and enter data but that is apart of learning discipline and gaining control of my finances. DISCIPLINE is a LEARNED behavior and am I ever learning. I am pleased to announce that after paying almost $200 dollars in NSF charges I've gotten a grip on my checkbook and reality. The reality is I can't AFFORD to give away money like that, and the reality concerning the checkbook is...IT's BALANCED! For the first time in almost a year and a half my checkbook is balanced down to the penny. My ING account is still going strong and I've even taken advantage of some of the saving opportunities my bank offers. So I've had some good with bad mixed in. In my next post I will report on how I cut my living expenses and my shopping habit.

I, 1BrokeSista promise to post at least once a week on dis here blog!

No comments: