Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Doing it the Old Fashion Way


One of the Keys to Financial Freedom and Success is tracking your spending, and that is an area where I have failed miserably! I don't keep up with my spending if I have to logon to the computer and pull up a spread sheet and enter the numbers, that won't work for me...the reason being is I'm staring at a computer all day, so I don't want anything to do with a computer when I get off from work. So having said that I will be doing it the old fashion way...like grandmomma did, I brought myself a ledger and will be recording ever y dollar spent in this book so I can look at how and where my money is spent. I've also put a temporary cease and desist order on my credit and debit card usage. I tend to spend more than I can afford when I whip out that fantastic plastic, so to get my mind right I will be only carrying around a certain amount of cash for purchases. Now I will continue to use my cards to pay my household utility bills that way I can earn all those perks I've grown to love! Anyway tonights homework for me is work on a new budget, the old one no longer reflect our lifestyle and my income and I'll report back to you guys on how that's looking.

Peace *2fingas*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did your budgeting go? That's always so hard for me, especially when I have to use cash instead of plastic. ugh!

Broke and Disgruntle said...

Hey Courtney,
My budget is just like everything else, it goes ok for a minute then I get off track with it.